10 Jul Effective Landing Pages
Don’t overlook landing pages
Many businesses make the mistake of not creating a new landing page for each campaign. Campaigns have different goals and audiences, when these things change the landing page should change too.
Simplicity is key
Over complicating a landing page not only doesn’t get the potential customer what they want, it can put them off all together.
A single call-to-action button can increase conversions by 62%. Adding multiple actions and offers confuses the main message you wish to convey. By giving the customer only one option, you are simplifying the process and directing them to the optimum end result.
Landing page checklist
Just to highlight how important landing pages are, we have come up with a few points to consider when developing a landing page.
- Does your headline say what the page is about and relate to your PPC ad?
- Is your landing page focused on a single purpose?
- Could someone understand the message in 5-10 seconds?
- Does the potential customer understand what they will get in exchange for contacting you?
- Are you using a unique image?
- Do you have an obvious call to action?
- Does your landing page look professional?
- Are you asking only for the minimum contact information that you need?
- Is there continuity between your landing page and web page?
- Did you use testimonials where appropriate?
- Are there multiple contact options – phone, email form, live chat, etc?
- Are you creating separate landing pages to segment your leads? (PPC, display ads, email etc)
- Are you using your confirmation page to re-market to the visitor? (Follow us, share this page, additional offers etc)
You can see from this list – landing pages are not straightforward, but if utilised correctly they can be one of the most powerful digital marketing tools.